How can you apply for financial support?
You can only apply for financial support after you have registered your project. In your SABA DOET account you will find a button called 'apply for financial support'. You can open an account by clicking the button "Login" on the top right of the website.
- Note! The button 'apply for financial support' is only active if you indicated that you need more than 5 volunteers and if you have entered your banking details under the organization information.
- Note! Applications can be submitted until January 25th, 2020. Funding is provided on a first come first serve basis, so please send in your financial request early!
Conditions regarding your application for financial support:
- Your organization is an official foundation, school or association and you have a dedicated bank account;
- Your project is registered on www.sabadoet.com
- Your project fits in with the spirit of SABA DOET: for your organization to seek new volunteers who can help you to get a specific job done on Friday March 13th and/or Saturday March 14th, 2020.
- You need at least 5 new volunteers per project.
- Financial support will only be granted per address/location.
Note: We would love to help as many organizations as possible, but we have a limited budget. If you do not meet the above criteria, you will not be eligible for financial support. It goes without saying that your organization can still participate in SABA DOET. Register your projects early and give volunteers more opportunity to sign up to help with your cause.
What we reimburse:
- Raw materials (such as paint, painting materials and equipment, wood, cleaning materials) and trees, bushes and materials to build greenhouses and/or gardens
- Rental of larger tools and equipment such as ladders, high pressure cleaners, excavators, etc.
- Food and drinks to keep your SABA DOET volunteers going (maximum $150 USD)
Exclusively for institutions / organizations that take care of challenged persons and/or the elderly:
- Costs you made for a day trip, such as transportation and entry fees
- Salary of artists, hairdressers, manicures etc. if your job is a make-over party / spa day
- If your activity is a high tea, lunch or dinner, you can use the entire grant for food and drinks
What we do not reimburse under any circumstances:
- Projects and/or organisations who do not meet all criteria
- Purchase of pre-built material or prêt a porter goods (i.e. cabintes, vases, etc.)
- Presents or activities to thank your staff or regular volunteers
- Promotion material and/or prizes for bingo, games, etc.
- Projects or goods that are beneficial to a sole individual or their personal home
The financial procedure
Your SABA DOET application form should get to us before January 25th, 2019. We will notify you if we (wholly or partially) accept your application. You will receive the money via bank transfer or check via The Lions Club no later than February 16th, 2020 for it to be possible to make the necessary purchases in time for SABA DOET.